COMING DOWN! is worst then going up!

Feet please be strong for me.



 

 
Low's Peak
 
 
human become dots!
 

Donkeys Ears.

Decending into the mist.

Didnt trust my own arms.

My soul cried.
 

My vest broke.
 

Arrived back down at Laban Rata for breakfast at 9.45am.Again they were rushing us to kick us out.Stacking up the chairs so we cant rest.Check out is 10.30am.Overstay cost rm300 an hour.
So ate little and went back down to The Waras Hut to pack up and start back down.We started off slowly at 11.30am.Bye Bye beautiful  Mount Kinabalu.Thank you for having me.
Heading down was worst on my muscles then the up.Tried to put more of my weight on my sticks then on my knee.
Rain came again.
This time i made sure my poncho and all my stuff was on me.
Our guides/porters stayed back to finish off the beers.
So we were on our own again.
Jeremy being the youngest sped off down the hill ahead of us.
On his own without our guide he made a wrong turn at the crossroads.
A 13 year old lost in Mount Kinabalu is a terrible thing.
We totally blame the guide/porter team that we had who never were in sight to guide us.No briefing was given.
Safety on this mountain should be first priority.
Rushing down the 4km Timpohon trial was murderous on my legs,rain,waterfall and all.
Pretty soon keeping the feet dry,avoiding puuddles was not a possibility.
The need to find help to search for Jeremy push us down faster.
Heavy rain fall didnt allow me to take any photos.
The track turn into waterfall.
Trailing behind Aaron was a funny sight.Smelling his fart was not.

 Imagine:- 2 days without sleep,soaking wet,no proper food,cold,heavy rain fall,walking downstream in a river of mud and a missing boy!This was us,arrival at Timpohon gate-4.30pm.To make things worst-Roy and Devon has taken off with the van!


Reporting to the old guard at Timpohon gate that we have a missing boy lead us back to zero.The guard doesnt speak our language,he couldnt use his walkie talkie and the phone was broken.
We were told to report to Kinabalu Park which was maybe about 5km away!!
All we could do was wait in the cold.
Our guides/porters appeared with Jeremy about 30 mins later.

In distress Polen had alerted another guide at the 4km point to look for our guide to inform them about looking for Jeremy.Thank God he is safe.May no other souls suffer this again.

Kinabalu Park.

good shoes,good sticks and broken legs.
Shoes totally soaking wet.